Thursday, 14 July 2011

Fibre East

I'm really excited to be going to Fibre East this year on the 23rd of July - it looks to be a fantastic event. it's good to have large events like this in the Midlands. Travelling down to London is a bit of a trek from Barrow, so it's great to have something more local. And it also gives the opportunitiy for local producers and artisans to showcase what they do, including some very talented dyers. I can see myself coming back with more than a little yarn to add to my collection.

I hope I'll also be able to show off my new cardigan design, the Azalea; watch this space for more information on the pattern. Fingers crossed the pattern will be launched on Ravelry this coming Sunday. At Fibre East I'll be wearing the honourable original and distributing free pattern copies to anyone who wants one.

I hope I'll see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sweater/cardigan! I've been looking for a fun, cool project to get through these hot (95+)summer temperatures here in Southeast USA. I'm going to try it in Louisa Harding's Jasmine. Really don't need much warmer than that here in the south, it's always too warm for much more than a light sweater.
    Thanks again! Can't wait to get started.
    Sheri in GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheri! I hope it works out for you. It's considerably cooler here in rural England, I don't know how I'd cope in weather that hot.

    I love your yarn choice, that looks like it will really complement the pattern. Is it wrong that I'm drawn irresistably to the lime green one? Sigh!

    Thanks for stopping by -

    Fran

    ReplyDelete