Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Whew!

Well, it's been one of those really gruelling weeks already, and I'm only half way through.

Fibre-East was amazing, I really hope it's held next year; there were some amazing fibre arts on display, including a group of remarkable Scottish spinners and weavers creating beautiful fabric together. There was an eye-catching stall from the Guild of Long-Draw spinners; they were demonstrating the unusual method of drawing fibre onto a very large wheel which looked like it was rotated by hand.

There were also some fabulous shopping opportunities, which I and my Mum took full advantage of! We were haunted by alpaca all day - literally picking up the nicest skein on the stall and that single one, out of all the hundreds on display, was the alpaca. I particularly recommend Sparkleduck as great dyers, and I bought a single skein of baby royal alpaca in a  semi-solid colourway that I can't wait to work with. also worthy of special mention is Spinning a Yarn, for their beautiful mulberry silk in a unique smoke-grey-to-black colourway. It was expensive, but worth it! I just have to find the right pattern now to really show it off.

Work has been crazy recently - not a brilliant time to release a pattern as complex as poor technology-cursed Azalea, but ho hum, I am nothing if not foolhardy. I think I have around a thousand thousand messages and emails waiting for me, which I must at some point confront, and on top of that I updated the pattern version on Monday. So fun! Games! Delight! And I need more sleep!

I think I'm going to have to go home and sleep in my yarn to recover, and just think nice thoughts about tweedy autumn knitting. Azalea be damned!

No comments:

Post a Comment