Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Cornish Guernseys

On a recommendation, I've just picked up a super-cheap second-hand copy of Cornish Guernseys and Knit-frocks by Mary Wright. With over 30 traditional patterns and backgrounds, it looks right up my street. something to read whilst I knit!

I'm also curiously delving into the world of knitting-themed who-dunnits. Who knew such a thing existed? it's like someone looked at my amazon orders, and dreamt up a combination of my two favourite categories....

Currently on my wish list is the brilliantly titled Skein of the Crime by Maggie Sefton. I'm sure I'm pretty late to this particular party, but damn - the possibilities for crimes are really infinite. Strangled with circulars! Stabbed by a sharpened DPN! Fingers caught in deadly needle-gauge! The last one is not strictly terminal, but it would really hurt.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I don't know if you watch NCIS, or if you even get it where you are, but there was a scene in one of the shows where an FBI agent gets stabbed in the neck with a knitting needle in the bathroom on board an airplane. Heck of a way to go, but glad to know I could use it as a weapon if I had to, but not sure I'd have the strength to push it in to someone. LOL Or the nerve.

    Sheri, aka Scrappy Knitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my life!

    We do get it over here - I catch the trailers for it sometimes in the evening. Stabbed in the neck you say? I guess it was a pretty big size, otherwise you could'nt be sure of hitting anything vital...God, can you imagine trying to do damage with a 10mm? You'd have to have arms like a wrestler even to get the end it!

    Oh no, now I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete