Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Miss Murray

I have a new pattern under my belt for the upcoming ebook - behold, a very poor picture of the little blue cuffs I've decided to call 'Miss Murray'

They are knitted side-to-side, curved with short -row shaping, frilled at one edge and finished with a contrasting band of single crochet. I knitted them in DK weight on 2.75mm needles for a nice firm finish. The buttons are vintage, and although you can unbutton them if you want to, they're easy to remove with a bit of tugging.
The yarn is a DK merino, rather more blue than the picture, and the contrast yarn is a silky blue-grey cotton that forms a nice smooth edge, rather like piping. I'm planning to wear them under my blue autumn jacket to stop the wind whistling up my sleeves when it's still too warm for gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment